3-1-22: IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY COLD OR FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS, OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO A COVID-POSITIVE PERSON, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A MASK.
If you have been exposed to a communicable disease prior to your orthodontic appointment, you may spread the disease to the orthodontist, orthodontic staff and to other patients/parents in the practice. Therefore, prior to each appointment, we require you to answer the questions below. If you answer YES to any of the questions below and are not fully vaccinated, please call our office prior to your appointment.
1. Have you (the patient) or ANYONE in your household had any of the following symptoms in the past 7-10 days?
- Fever and or Chills
- Cough unrelated to allergies
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste and or smell
- Body aches
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
2. Have you (the patient) or ANYONE in your household been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 in the past 7-10 days?
3. Have you (the patient) or ANYONE in your household returned from outside of Illinois or outside of the U.S. in the past 7-10 days?
NEW IN-OFFICE PROTOCOLS
The following outlines some of the new protocols we have implemented:
- Daily health screening of our staff
- Mandatory pre-screening for patients entering the office
- Modified patient schedule that will accommodate 6-feet social distancing in the clinic
- Mandatory masks for anyone entering the office
- Modified drop-off / pick-up of patients
- Installation of air purifiers with medical grade filters in strategic areas
- Enhanced disinfection protocols throughout the office
- Specialized Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) worn by all staff – we may look different but it’s still us!
- Procedures requiring a high-speed handpiece will now be performed with our a new extraoral suction machine to further minimize any aerosolization
To further ensure the safety of everyone, we will be accepting payments over the phone. Any recurring charges and payments can be set-up with our staff.
We will continue to update everyone by email and text of any additional changes as we all adjust to this new normal. Please go to patient login at kerznerortho.com and confirm that we have your most updated contact information. As always, please feel free to call us directly with any questions you may have. We deeply value your trust and look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Shoel Kerzner and Staff